with Port Houston
Port Houston is committed to supporting local community programs, initiatives, and activities that improve the quality of life in the communities that surround the Houston Ship Channel.
Port Commissioners, staff members and representatives of external organizations may request sponsorship of events or programs through financial support or in-kind services that support Port Houston’s Strategic Plan.
Port Houston’s Sponsorship Priorities:
- Maritime Commerce: promoting international and national maritime trade that generates economic development.
- Economic and Workforce Development: supporting economic and workforce development-related programs to help generate and support commerce.
- Environmental Stewardship: promoting environmental protection and stewardship aimed at air quality improvement, marsh creation, pollution prevention and remediation, stormwater management, sustainability and waste reduction.
- Community Outreach: supporting community-based activities and programs to promote the general welfare of the region is aligned with Port Houston’s strategic objectives. Additionally, investments aim to support communities that are directly affected by Port activities.
- All sponsorship requests must be received at least six (6) weeks prior to the event or activity in order to be considered.
- All sponsorship requests must be accompanied by the Port Houston Sponsorship Application and additional materials as indicated at the bottom of the application.
- Requests will be evaluated by staff and reviewed by Port leadership once a month.
- After Port leadership reviews and makes sponsorship determinations, the Community Relations team will contact the requesting organization and provide a response in a timely manner.
Port Houston cannot provide sponsorships to individuals, political campaigns or parties, groups that discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation or national origin, churches or other religious organizations or entities that pass-through monies to individuals or other groups (a.k.a. “third-party giving”).
We recognize the importance of all community activities and events; however, we evaluate all requests in the context of Port Houston’s mission, promotional and development policies and financial constraints.